Dindigul Food Court
1. In a large mixing bowl, add mutton, ginger garlic paste, curd, green chilli, red chilli powder, hing / asafoetida, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt to taste, ghee, coriander leaves and mix well and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, mace, black pepper, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, salt and dry roast them very well. cool it down and then grind it into a powder and keep it aside for later use.
3. In a large pot, heat ghee and oil, add black cardamom, black pepper, cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon, a pinch of stone flower and saute well.
4. Add onion and saute till its light golden brown in colour.
5. Add marinated mutton into the pot and mix well, add salt to taste and mix well.
6. Add the required water and prepare masala into the mutton and mix well.
7. Cover it with the lid and cook till 5-6 whistle till the mutton is tender.
8. In a pan, add ghee and prepared masala and mix well, now add this mixture into the mutton and mix well.
9. Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot with rice or roti.