Mutton Chukka/ Mutton Fry
South indian, Mains
Dindigul Food Court
1. Take a pressure cooker and add the mutton, turmeric powder, salt, little oil and water. pressure cook up to 4 whistles till mutton is tender.
2. Alternatively, add all the items in a pan and cover & cook for around 45 minutes till meat is tender.
3. Take a pan and add all the spices to make the masala powder. dry roast on low heat for 2-3 minutes. set aside to cool and grind to a coarse powder.
4. Peel the shallots and cut them into halves. in case the shallots are big, make quarters or thick slices.
5. Slit the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves.
6. Heat oil in a pan & add the shallots. fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes and add the slit green chillies and curry leaves. continue to fry on medium heat for another 5-6 minutes till the shallots are translucent and light brown at the edges.
7. Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 minutes.
8. Add the boiled mutton along with the stock and give a mix. bring to a boil.
9. Add the masala powder made in the grinder earlier and give a mix.
10. Fry this on high heat for around 6-7 minutes till all the stock is absorbed and the mutton is fried and becomes dark in colour.
11. Check and add salt for seasoning if needed at this stage.
12. Add the chopped coriander leaves and fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes till oil separates.