North indian, Snacks
1. Peel the potato and cut it into 4 pieces. in a saucepan, pour enough water to cover the potatoes. boil it, covered, until a knife pierces through it smoothly. transfer the potato pieces to a bowl and mash. set it aside.
2. Chop the mushroom. you can cut each mushroom into 6 to 8 pieces.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. add the onions and saute for 1 minute on medium heat. add the chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera / cumin powder, black pepper powder, salt and the chopped tomato. cook for 2 more minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook until all the moisture has been evaporated for around 4-5 minutes.
5. Add this mixture to the bowl with the mashed potato. add garam masala and the breadcrumbs. mix to combine. divide the mixture into 8 equal-sized balls. flatten them to form patties.
6. Take the rice flour in a plate/ bowl and coat the patties in the rice flour.
7. Shallow fry them until they are golden brown and crisp on both sides.