Multi Grain Laddu
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Dry roast 1/4 cup split green gram / chilkewali moong dal till it turns golden brown. transfer on to a plate and set aside to cool.
2. Similarly, dry roast 1/4 cup whole wheat / gehun till it turns golden brown. transfer on to the same plate and set aside to cool.
3. Dry roast 1/4 cup short grain rice till it turns golden brown. transfer on the same plate and set aside to cool.
4. Dry roast 8-10 walnuts and 8-10 almonds till they turn crisp. set aside to cool.
5. Transfer the roasted mixture along with the walnuts and almonds in a blender jar and blend to a coarse powder.
6. Heat 1 cup chopped jaggery and add 1/4 cup water and mix well. cook till the jaggery melts.
7. Add 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder, 1/4 cup grated and roasted dried coconut, 1 tsp ghee and mix well. take the pan off the heat. allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Take small portion of the mixture and shape it into a ball. serve.