Mixed Dal Dosa
South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, soak 2 tsp moong dal / split yellow gram, 2 tsp toor dal / pigeon peas split, 2 tsp masoor dal / pink lentils, 2 tsp channa dal / bengal gram, 2 tsp urad dal / black gram, 2 tsp whole moong dal / green gram and 2 tsp rice in water for atleast 5 hours.
2. After 5 hours, transfer the soaked items into a blender and add a little stick of cinnamon, 1 kashmiri chilli, 1 inch ginger, 2 garlic pods,1/4 chopped onion, 1 tsp fennel seeds, salt to taste and a little water. blend this to a coarse paste.
3. Transfer the paste to a bowl and add a little water, if required. batter's consistency should be of dosa batter. to this add few curry leaves and handful of chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
4. Now spread a little oil on a hot tawa and spread evenly a small portion of the batter over it with a ladle.
5. Top the spread dosa with 1 tsp of olive oil. cover and let it cook for a minute on medium flame.
6. Flip the dosa over and press gently to cook the other side as well for 30 seconds.
7. Now, the high protien dosa is ready to be served.