North indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in large mixing bowl take 2 cups wheat flour and 1 cup finely chopped methi or fenugreek leaves.
2. Also add 1/4 cup of curd. curd helps to remove the bitterness of methi leaves.
3. Additionally, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp ajwain / carom seeds and salt to taste.
4. Furthermore, add 2 tsp oil and combine well.
5. Additionally, add some water and knead the dough.
6. Cover the kneaded dough with a moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
7. Now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
8. Also dust with some wheat flour. roll to 5 inches using rolling pin.
9. Additionally, grease with ghee or oil. bundle it up and flatten to ball.
10. Further roll it in a thick circle like paratha.
11. Now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute. when the base is partly cooked, flip the methi paratha.
12. Brush oil / ghee and press slightly.
13. Finally, serve methi paratha with raita and pickle.