Methi Palak Paneer Dry Subji
North indian, Mains
1. Pre-heat a pan. add 2 tbsp oil in it. shallow fry 250 gms of paneer cut into 1 inch chunks. flip them over once they turn brown from bottom. once paneer is fried take them out in a plate.
2. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp more oil, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of hing / asafoetida. let them splutter.
3. Then add 2 chopped green chillies, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and saute.
4. Further, add 1 chopped tomato and saute for a minute.
5. Then add 2 cups (250 gms) chopped fenugreek leaves, 2 cups (250 gms) chopped spinach, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp sugar. mix them well and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. cover and check later.
6. Now add fried cubes of paneer. cover again and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
7. Methi palak paneer subji is ready.