Methi Leaves Curry
South indian, north indian, Mains
1. Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and add asafoetida, garlic cloves ad fry for few seconds.
2. Add chopped onions and fry until slightly brown
3. Further add chopped tomatoes and fry until it is mushy.
4. When the tomatoes are cooked, add chopped methi leaves, saute till it shrinks
Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, sambar powder and mix well.
5. Furthermore, add tamarind water, water to adjust the consistency of the curry and salt to taste.
6. Mix well and let it boil. close and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the oil specs are found in the curry
7. Switch off, add jaggery and mix once. close and let it sit for some time before serving.