South indian, north indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil. add in 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp jeera, 2 dried red chilli, pinch of hing and few curry leaves. allow them to splutter.
2. Further add 4 clove of chopped garlic and saute to golden.
3. Additionally add in 1 onion and 2 green chilli. saute well.
4. Furthermore add in 1 tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy.
5. Also add ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp chilli powder and salt to taste. saute for a minute.
6. Now add 1 bunch of chopped methi / fenugreek leaves. saute till the methi leaves shrinks.
7. Further add 2 cups of cooked toor dal. mix well adding water if required to adjust consistency. cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Finally, serve methi dal with rice or roti.