North indian, Mains
Your Food Lab
1. Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat, add jeera/ cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
2. Add onions and cook until golden brown. add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree and salt to taste, mix well and cook for a minute.
4. Add besan / gram flour, red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and cook until the masala leaves ghee.
5. Add green peas, mix well and cook for 8-10 minutes. add some water if the masala gets too dry. cover & cook for 5-6 minutes. add 2oo ml water and bring it to a boil.
6. Add mushrooms and cook further for 4-5 minutes. mix well.
7. Cover and cook for more 5-6 minutes, keep stirring in intervals.
8. Add garam masala, kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves and fresh cream. mix it well. garnish with coriander leaves.
9. The mushroom matar is ready to be served. serve hot with roti or paratha or rice.
This recipe serves 6 people.