Matar Tamatar Subji
North indian, Mains
1. In a kadai add oil and let it heat. now add half a teaspoon cumin seeds or you can also add asafoetida in case non availability of cumin seeds.
2. Now add the roughly chopped tomatoes and peas. give it a good mix.
3. Now add salt so that the tomatoes are cooked easily. cover with a lid and let it cook for at least three minutes.
4. After three minutes, remove the lid and check the sabji, the tomatoes should be mushy by now and can be smashed with the help of a spoon. now add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, jeera / cumin powder, garam masala and sugar.
5. Now give this a good mix and cover it with a lid and cook for another minute.
6. After a minute, the oil will start separating. next, add mint and coriander leaves to the sabji and mix it well.
7. Add little water (around big tablespoon) and sauté this for the next 20 seconds.
8. Add 1 teaspoon ghee on top this (it is completely optional just for flavour). tamatar matar ki sabji is ready!!!