North indian, Snacks
For kachori filling
1. Firstly, in a small blender take peas, ginger and chilli. blend to coarse paste without adding any water. keep aside.
2. Further, in a large kadai heat oil. add in cumin seeds and saute till they turn aromatic.
3. Also add in ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, ¼ tsp amchur powder / dry mango powder, ¼ tsp fennel and pinch of hing / asafoetida. saute on low flame till they turn aromatic.
4. Further add blended peas and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Also add salt and coriander leaves. mix and keep aside.
For kachori dough
6. In a large mixing bowl add maida / all purpose flour, sooji / semolina / rava, oil and salt to taste.
7. Crumble the flour well with oil. in addition, add water and knead to form a dough. let it rest for 15 minutes.
8. Now pinch a ball sized ball and flatten it. scoop prepared matar stuffing. get the edges together and form a bundle.
9. Deep fry kachoris to golden brown. finally, serve matar kachori.
This recipe serves 6.