South indian, Snacks
1. Boil 1 cup green peas in water until 80 % cooked.
2. Transfer the boiled green peas / matar into a blending jar. add 5-6 garlic cloves, 1 green chilli, 1 inch ginger and blend to a coarse paste. transfer into a mixing bowl.
3. Add 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum, 2 tbsp finely chopped carrot, 1/2 cup semolina / rava / sooji and mix well.
4. Add water and prepare idli batter consistency
5. Add 1/2 tsp pepper powder, salt as per taste, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. close lid and let it set for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add 1/4 tsp baking soda, few drops of lime juice and mix gently.
7. Take an appe pan, add oil and grease it well. add 1 tbsp mix into appe pan. close lid and let it cook for 2 minutes.
8. Check after 2 minutes, flip and cook on the other side.
9. After 1 minute transfer on a plate. matar ke appe are ready to serve.enjoy!!!