Masala Egg French Toast
Chef Sanjyot Keer
For potato filling
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok, add 1 medium chopped onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add 1-2 chopped green chillies, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
3. Add the powdered spices namely 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp dry mango / amchur powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder and salt to taste.
4. Also add 1 medium size chopped capsicum and sauté for a minute.
5. Next, add 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix well. transfer to a big plate or a bowl and cool down the mixture.
7. Spread a spoonful of potato mixture on the bread slice. place the cheese slice and spread another layer of potato mixture.
8. Break 5 eggs in a separate bowl, add freshly chopped coriander leaves, salt to taste, a pinch of black pepper and whisk well.
9. Dip the potato mixture applied bread in the whisked egg and coat well.
10. Set a tawa or pan on medium flame, heat oil, cook the egg coated bread from all sides.
11. Your masala egg french toast is ready to be served, serve hot with green chutney, ketchup or any dip of your choice.