Indo chinese, Mains
It goes very well with your noodles, fried rice or can be relished as it.
1. Take 1 medium size of ripe mango, cut them roughly into small pieces, soak 3-4 dry red chillies in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a mixer grinder, add the chopped mango pieces, soaked dry red chillies, 3-4 garlic pods, 1 tsp lemon juice and make a smooth paste of it. add very little water if required.
3. Marinate 200 gms boneless chicken pieces cut into small cubes with 2 tsp of the mango paste, some salt to taste and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder for 20-30 minutes.
4. Next add 4 tsp cornflour and 4 tsp all purpose flour / maida into the marinated chicken pieces. mix it well and deep fry it in batches until they are brown and crisp. keep it aside.
5. In a mixing bowl add the remaining mango paste, 2 tsp of honey (if your mango is sour, you can increase the quantity of honey), 1 tsp soy sauce, 1-2 tsp red chili sauce, 1 tsp vinegar and mix everything well.
6. In the same pan, heat 2 tsp oil, add 2 dry red chilies. fry it for few seconds, add 1 onion and 1 cup coloured bell peppers or green capsicums cut into cubes and fry it on high flame for 2-3 minutes by continously stirring.
7. Add little salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder. also add the prepared sauce and mix it well.
8. Add around 1/4th cup of water, cook it for 2-3 minutes. once it starts to bubble, add the fried chicken pieces and mix everything well for 2-3 minutes and it's done.
1. This recipe serves 2.
2. You can garnish it with 2 tsp of roasted white sesame seeds (optional).
3. You can use either red bell pepper or yellow bell pepper or green capsicum or little of all three to make it 1 cup in total. choice is yours.