and creamy cheese), cucumber and mint. It is basically a traditional spice topping that is
mixed with olive oil on the dough before it is baked.
1. In a frying pan,add 2 tbsp sesame seeds and roast until fragrant.
2. In mortal & pestle, add the roasted sesame seeds and crush coarsely.
3. In a bowl, add the coarsely ground sesame seeds, 3 tbsp sumac powder, 2.5 tbsp dried thyme, 2.5 tbsp dried oregano, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder and mix well.
4. Add 1/2 cup olive oil, mix well and set aside.
5. In a small jug, add 1 cup lukewarm water, 2 tsp instant yeast, 1.5 tbsp sugar and mix well. cover and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
6. In a mixing bowl, add 2.5 cups maida / all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1.5 tbsp olive oil and mix well.
7. Add the yeast mixture, mix well and knead until dough is formed.
8. Grease dough with olive oil, cover and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm place.
9. Sprinkle flour, knead dough again and divide into 4 equal parts.
10. Take one part, make a ball and roll out with the help of rolling pin.
11. Place rolled dough on greased baking tray and prick with fork.
12. Add and spread prepared sesame seeds mixture (makes 4).
13. Bake in preheated oven at 180°c for 6-8 minutes.
14. Cut into slices & serve!