1. Marinate 3-4 betki steak fish with 2 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry the pieces of fish till they are golden from both the sides. keep aside.
3. In the same oil, add 1/2 cup sliced onions, 4-5 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger. saute them on medium heat until the onions become slightly golden.
4. Grind together fried onions, ginger, garlic , 2-3 green chillies, salt to taste, 6-8 soaked almonds, 3 tbsp soaked poppy seeds / khas khas, 2 tsp turmeric powder, 2-3 tsp red chilli powder and handful of chopped coriander leaves.
5. In a kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and temper it with 2 bay leaves and 1 dried red chilli. saute for 2-3 minutes and then pour in the prepared onion mixture. cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until the oil starts to ooze out from it.
6. Add in 1/2 cup thick yogurt and stir in the fried fishes.
7. Simmer them covered until you have preferred consistency of the gravy.
8. Sprinkle some garam masala powder and 2 tsp kewra water. seal with atta dough (prepare atta dough) and put it on dum for 3-4 minutes.