1. Cut off both ends of the lemongrass. use the bulb only. remove the outer sheath and chop it finely.
2. Mince 4 shallots, 2 garlic cloves, and 1 tsp ginger finely.
3. Slice the scallion into thin pieces. use the white section to marinate the chicken and the green part to make the scallion oil.
4. In a bowl, combine 4 chicken thighdeboned with skin-on, the minced shallots, 2 tbsp lemongrass, minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1/4 tsp white pepper, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp lime juice, 2 tsp vegetable oil, 2 tbsp sugar, white part of scallion. marinate the chicken overnight.
5. To make scallion oil, heat some oil in a pan. add a pinch of salt and the chopped scallions. quickly remove from heat.
6. On the next day, pan-fry the chicken, skin side down for three minutes. pan-fry the other side until the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Cut the chicken into large pieces. pour the scallion oil on top as a garnish.
8. It can be served with steamed rice or as a stand-alone meal.
9. To prepare the dipping sauce, mix 50 ml hot water, 50 gms sugar, 50 ml fresh lime juice, 50 ml fish sauce over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. then sprinkle with 1/4 tsp chopped red chilli and 1/2 tsp minced garlic.