South indian, Mains
1. First rinse and soak 1/2 cup rice for 15 minutes.
2. After that, boil 1 cup water and cook rice for about 15 minutes. do not overcook, if there is excess water left strain the rice and keep it aside.
3. Start with tempering by adding 1 tbsp oil in a pan let it heat up.
4. Once oil is hot add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2tbsp urad dal / black gram skinned, 1/2 tbsp chana dal / bengal gram and roast till it's little brown.
5. Now add 12-15 peanuts, 2 dried red chillies, 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger and fry for 10 seconds
6. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and saute.
7. Add boiled rice, salt to taste, and 1 tbsp lemon juice mix and saute for about 1 – 2 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.