Lehsuni Palak Chole With Multigrain Laccha Parathas
North indian, Mains
Do try this out 😀
1. In a vessel take 3 cups of water, bring it to boil. add 500 gms palak / spinach into boiling water.
2. Boil it for 5 minutes, drain the water and transfer the palak into ice cold water, this will help in retaining the green colour.
3. Transfer the blanched palak into a blender, add 1 inch ginger, 3-4 garlic pods and 1 green chilli. blend it into a smooth paste, without adding water. keep it aside.
4. In a kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee. add 1 bay leaf, 2 pods of cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves until it turns aromatic. now add chopped onions, saute it for 4-5 minutes. add 1 tbsp besan / gram flour and saute it until aromatic.
5. Add 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and 3/4 tsp salt. saute untill spices turn aromatic.
6. Add the palak puree and 1/2 cup water, to adjust the consistency. bring it to boil, and add boiled chickpeas. simmer it for 4-5 minutes then add 1 tsp lemon juice. sprinkle 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder and mix.
7. For tadka, take 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic, 2 dry red chillies, 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera, 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves.
8. Pour the hot tempering / tadka over the palak paneer and enjoy it with rotis / naans.