North indian, Mains
Chef Ranveer Brar
1. Heat 2-3 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry 1 cup moong dal wadis till golden brown in colour. remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add 1 tsp cumin seeds. let it crackle. add 1 cup chopped onions and cook until light golden brown in colour. now add 1 tsp ginger paste and sauté.
3. Next add 1 cup tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1 tsp red chilli powder and mix. let cook for a couple of minutes. once the oil separates, pour in 1 cup water and mix.
5. Add 1 lauki peeled & then cubed along with fried vadi. add just enough water to cover the subji. give it a good stir.
6. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on medium-low flame. now add 1 tbsp coriander- cumin powder and mix. cook for more 3-4 minutes. remove from flame.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
This recipe serves 4.