North indian, Mains
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadai and temper 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida for a few seconds.
2. Next add 1/2 cup chopped onions, 2 tbsp chopped ginger, 2 chopped green chillies and saute for 2-3 minutes till slightly brown.
2. Next add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp amchur / dry mango powder and cook for another minute. next add 3 tbsp besan / gram flour and combine well.
3. Add 1.5 cups grated bottle gourd / lauki and mix well till all the masala is combined. season with salt to taste and cook till most of the moisture is evaporated. remove from heat and keep warm.
5. Now take the ingredients for the dough namely 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp oil in a bowl. add salt to taste, 1 cup water or as required and knead to a smooth soft dough. rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
6. Now take a small portion of the dough and roll into a circle. add about 2 tbsp of the lauki mixture to the centre and seal the edges,
7. Roll out the stuffed parantha again into a circle and pan fry in oil / ghee. serve hot with mango pickle and curd. gobble! gobble! gobble!