North indian, Mains
1. Take 200 grams okra and cut it into vertical slices.
2. Transfer it into a mixing bowl, add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, mix it well and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add okra mixture and saute for 3-5 minutes. remove it from heat. set aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and mix it well.
5. Now, add 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida / hing and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring continuously.
6. Then, add 150 grams onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or until it turns translucent.
7. Add 1 teaspoon green chilli and mix it well.
8. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and mix again.
9. Add 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon coriander powder and cook for a minute.
10. Now, add sauted okra and mix it well. cover it with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
11. Now, open the lid and mix again. add 1 teaspoon amchur / dry mango powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and mix it well. cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
12. Add 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and mix again. remove it from heat.
13. Add the lasuni bhindi into a serving dish. garnish it with roasted garlic flakes. serve hot with chapati.
This recipe serves 2 people.