Lahori Chicken Curry
Chef Ranveer Brar
1. In a bowl add 1 whole chicken cut into medium size pieces with salt to taste. mix it properly and keep aside to marinate for further use.
2. In a kadai heat 1 tbsp oil then add 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves, 2-4 black peppercorns, 2 green cardamom, 2 medium size chopped onions and saute until light brown.
3. Now add the marinated chicken and saute until light golden brown. then add 2 tbsp ghee, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp degi red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and saute for a minute then add some water.
4. Now cover and cook the chicken till it is 70% cooked. then add 1 cup tomato puree, saute for a minute then again cover and cook until the oil starts coming out.
5. Remove the lid, stir it once and add 2-3 tbsp beaten curd. saute for a minute then again cover and cook until the oil starts separating out.
6. Remove the lid and mix everything properly. serve hot in a serving bowl and garnish with julienned ginger, julienned green chilli , chopped coriander leaves.