Kung Pao Chicken
1. Cut 2 chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
2. Mix in 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp blackpepper powder, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 egg white and 2 tbsp cornstarch.
3. Wrap it in cling wrap and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes fry the chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. remove from heat.
5. Prepare cornstarch slurry by adding 1 tsp cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. keep it aside.
6. In a pan add 2 tbsp cooking oil, add 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 tsp of sliced ginger, 7-8 dry red chillies, 1 tbsp ground sichuan peppercorns (optional) and 1.5 tbsp brown sugar.
7. Transfer the fried chicken pieces into the pan.
8. Pour 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp black vinegar and 1/4 cup of prepared cornstarch slurry.
9. Add 4 tbsp spring onion greens, 1/4 cup roasted peanuts and salt to taste.
10. Ready to enjoy!