Korean Fried Chicken
1. Add salt, pepper, baking powder, garlic powder and dry ginger powder to the chicken pieces. mix until the chicken pieces are evenly coated with the spices and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Coat each piece in the cornstarch, pressing gently to make sure that it is properly coated.
3. Fry it on medium-low heat just until the chicken turns a light golden brown, around 6-7 minutes. remove the chicken from the oil and rest for a few minutes.
4. Increase the heat to high. once the oil gets heated up, add the chicken back into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown and keep them aside. (double frying the chicken gives it a light, crispy crust.)
5. De-seed the chillies and soak them in hot water for 20 minutes.
6. Grind it along with garlic to a fine paste.
7. Heat oil in a pan and add the chilli and clove paste. cook for 3-4 minutes or until the oil floats around the sides.
8. Add the ketchup, soy sauce, honey, vinegar and sugar. bring it to a simmer.
9. Add the fried chicken and toss. garnish with toasted sesame seeds.