Kobi Batata Nu Shaak
Bhanu's Kitchen Bhanu's Rasoi
1. In a pan add 1.5 tbsp oil. once oil is hot add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/8 tsp hing / asafoetida, few curry leaves. let them splutter.
2. Then add 2/3 cup diced potatoes. mix. add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste. cover and cook till potatoes are more than half way cooked.
3. Check potatoes. incase they are raw, cover and continue cooking till they are more than half way through.
4. Once potatoes are cooked, add the shredded cabbage. (do not cover the pot, cook with open lid)
5. Now add 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, salt to taste, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, 1/4 tsp sugar. stir fry on medium high heat. keep stiring.
6. Check potatoes and cabbage for doneness. potatoes should be soft and cabbage should be crisp and tender.
7. Add 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder. stir fry one minute.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. switch off heat.
9. Transfer in serving bowl. serve with roti, dal and rice.
1. While choosing the cabbage, pick a tight and compact head that feels heavy for its size. avoid buying precut cabbage.
2. After adding cabbage to the pan, do not cover the pot. stir cook till cabbage is crisp tender.
3. Donot overcook the cabbage, else it ill turn mushy / soggy.