1. Mix together 1 cup besan, 1 cup curd, 2 cups water, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp ginger paste, 1/2 tbsp green chilli paste, 1 tsp salt and whisk them well.
2. Place them in a saucepan and bring to a boil. keep stirring till it thickens. make it quite thick.
3. Now remove it from heat and spread the contents on to a thali or a marble/stone top and spread it very thin.
4. Use the back of a knife or a pallet knife to spread evenly while it is still hot.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds, 1 green chilli, a pinch salt and few chopped curry leaves. once it splutters, add 1/2 cup grated coconut and remove from heat.
6. Add fresh coriander leaves and mix.
7. Sprinkle this tempering on the khandvi. reserve a little tempering for the garnishing. let it cool completely.
8. Run a knife on the spread khandvi batter in long strips 2” wide.
9. Push the edges inwards and roll them up.
10. Stack them and sprinkle with the remaining tempering and serve cold.