Kerala Chicken Roast
1. In a bowl, add the chicken pieces, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and mix well. rest it for 30 minutes.
2. In a mixer grinder, add tomato, water and grind this to extract the tomato puree.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan and add the marinated chicken pieces.
4. Shallow fry for 7 minutes on medium flame. remove from the heat and keep aside.
5. Heat coconut oil in a kadai, add onion and saute until it gets golden brown.
6. Add the green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
7. Add turmeric powder, fennel powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and saute till the spices are cooked.
8. Add the extracted tomato puree, 3 tbsp of water and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add the shallow fried chicken pieces, black pepper powder, curry leaves and stir fry for 5 minutes on high flame.
10. Remove from the heat and serve with parotta / steam rice.