North indian, Mains
Indian Vegetarian Recipes
1. Heat plenty of water in a deep non-stick pan, add jackfruit cubes, salt to taste and turmeric powder, cover and cook.
2. Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and cloves in a small non-stick pan till fragrant.
3. Break red chillies, remove seeds and put into a mixer jar. add ginger, garlic cloves, roasted spices, coconut, tamarind pulp, a little water and grind into a smooth paste.
4. Heat coconut oil in another non-stick pan. slit green chillies.
5. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves to the hot oil and let the seeds splutter.
6. Add onions and saute till golden. add green chillies and tomato puree and continue to saute till oil separates.
7. Drain the jackfruit cubes from the water and add to the second pan and mix. add ground paste and mix well. rinse the mixer jar with 1 cup water and add to the pan and mix well. adjust salt to taste.
8. Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
9. Serve hot with rice or chapatti.