North indian, Snacks
1. Firstly, slice the karela (bitter gourd) into slightly thick slices.
2. Add in 1 tbsp corn flour, 1 tbsp besan, 1 tbsp rice flour, ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp aamchur powder and salt to taste.
3. Combine all the ingredients well. do not squeeze the bitter gourd as the chips turns mushy.
4. Now deep fry in hot oil. do not over crowd the karela.
5. Stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
6. Fry till the karela chips turn golden and crisp.
7. Finally, serve karela chips as a tea time snack or as a side dish with lunch.