South indian, north indian, Snacks
Dindigul Food Court
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup besan / gram flour and 1/2 cup rice flour.
2. Add in 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp crushed black pepper, a pinch of hing / asafoetida,1 tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp salt. combine well.
3. Now add 1/4 cup water or as required and prepare smooth dough. the dough will be slightly sticky, thats normal.
4. Grease the large holed mould with some oil and stuff dough into it.
5. Further, press and spread the sev in hot oil forming a circle in the oil and make sure you do not overlap.
6. After a minute, flip over and fry the other side.
7. Finally, drain over kitchen paper to absorb oil and repeat making more khara sev with the remaining dough.