Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Blend 1 cup soaked and drained split bengal gram / chana dal to a coarse paste. transfer in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, salt to taste, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed coriander seeds and 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into vadas.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. deep-fry vadas till golden brown. drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with green coconut chutney.