Kale Chana Curry
1. Heat 2-3 tbsps oil in a kadai. add 8-10 garlic cloves, 1 inch chopped ginger, 4 to 5 cloves, 2 bay leaves and mix well.
2. Add 2 medium size sliced onions and sauté till translucent. add salt to taste, mix and cook till golden brown.
3. Switch the heat off and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
4. Transfer the roasted mixture into a blender jar, add 1/4 cup water and blend to a fine paste.
5. Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in the same kadai. add 2 to 3 chopped green chillies,10-12 curry leaves and mix well. add 1 medium quartered tomato, mix and sauté till soft and pulpy.
6. Add the blended onion paste and sauté till the oil separates.
7. Add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1.5 tsp red chilli powder and mix well. cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add 2 cups boiled brown chickpeas and mix well. add salt to taste, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
9. Add 2 tsp kala masala and mix well. add 2 cups water, mix and cook for 3-4 minutes. add 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, mix and transfer into serving bowls. garnish with coriander sprig.