1. Slit open 8-10 jackfruit pods and remove the seed with the thin skin. chop the jackfruit into big chunks.
2. Cook it in a pan with 1/4 cup of water for about 5 minutes. turn off the flame, and let it cool.
3. Once it's cooled down grind it to a paste.
4. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp jaggery and the ground pulp. cook it on medium flame until it's thick.
5. Now add 1 tbsp ghee and mix it well. add a generous pinch of cardamom powder and turn off flame.
6. In a small seasoning pan, heat 1 tsp ghee and add the broken cashewnuts and fry it until golden colour. now garnish the halwa.