Hare Chane Ke Kabab
North indian, Snacks
For the kebab
1. In a mixing bowl, add 300 grams green chickpeas, 800 milliliters water and soak for 3 hours.
2. Transfer this into a pressure cooker, add 800 milliliters water and cover it with lid.
3. Cook till you hear 5 – 6 whistles. open the lid and remove it from heat. drain the chickpeas. transfer this into a blender and blend well.
4. In a bowl, add 100 grams all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons corn starch, 250 milliliters water and mix it well to make a thick batter. keep aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, add 620 grams boiled mashed potatoes, blended mixture, 100 grams onions, 1 tablespoon green chili, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chili, 1 teaspoon dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ginger powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon chaat masala, 50 grams bread crumbs, 200 grams grated paneer and mix all the ingredients well.
6. Take some mixture in your hands and shape it into a tikki.
7. In a bowl, add bread crumbs, sesame seeds and mix it well.
8. Take the tikki and dip it in prepared all purpose flour paste.
9. Then, roll it in bread crumbs and sesame seeds mixture.
10. Heat sufficient oil in a deep fryer and deep fry these until it turns golden brown and crispy.
11. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
For the chutney
12. In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend it into a paste.
13. Serve the kebab with prepared chutney.
This recipe serves 2 to 3 people.