Gulla Puddi Sagle
Konkani, south indian, Mains
1. Make horizontal and vertical cuts in the brinjal to make cavities to fill the masala. keep them in water for sometime.
2. Meanwhile roast 2 tsp urad dal and 2 tsp coriander seeds with little oil till aromatic.
3. Next grind them with grated coconut (half), small piece of tamarind and 6-7 red chillies. add salt to taste and a piece of jaggery. grind with minimum water.
4. Now remove brinjal from water. fill this masala in the cavities.
5. In the pan take 3 tsp oil. add urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves to prepare a tempering.
6. Keep these stuffed brinjal in the pan. you can add little water from the mixie in which the masala was ground. this is optional. since brinjal is kept in water, it will cook even without adding water.