Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad
Laura in the Kitchen
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°f. place 2 bone-in chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and season with salt to taste, ground pepper to taste and 1 tsp thyme leaves.
3. Roast until cooked through for around 35 minutes. when cool enough to handle, shred chicken into pieces.
4. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 small minced shallot, 1 minced clove of garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, and remaining 1 tsp thyme leaves. season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring 3/4 pound potatoes to a boil in salted water and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 5 to 7 minutes, drain well.
6. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1.5 tsp olive oil over medium-high. add half the potatoes in one layer.
7. Cook, undisturbed, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp, then flip and cook other side. takes 5 minutes in total. drain on paper towels. repeat with remaining oil and remaining potatoes.
8. In a large bowl, toss together shredded chicken, cooked potatoes, the prepared dressing and 1/2 pound of trimmed, washed and torn spinach.