1. Leave the cauliflower florets in hot water for 2 minutes & strain it.
Making the batter
2. In a bowl, add 2 tbsp of besan / gram flour, 2 tbsp of maida / all purpose flour & 1½ tbsp of corn flour.
3. Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of chilli powder, salt to taste, a pinch of coloring agent (kesar powder), 1/2 tsp of ginger & garlic paste. mix well.
4. Start adding water gradually & mix till you get a thick paste consistency.
5. Now add the juice of 1 lemon & mix it well.
Note: batter should not be runny. it should be having a dropping consistency as shown.
6. Add the cauliflower florets to the batter bowl & coat it well.
7. Leave it for 10 minutes.
8. Heat oil for deep frying. gently drop the marinated florets & fry it till it turns brown color.