North indian, Mains
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Peel the potato and chop it into medium size pieces. cut cauliflower into medium size pieces and wash them well.
2. Heat up oil in a pan. add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add finely chopped onions and fry it well until it turns light golden.
4. When onion begins to turn light golden add finely chopped tomato, slit green chili, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and mix well. cook for about 4-5 minutes until tomato turn a little soft.
5. Add potato, salt and mix well. add very little water and mix it again. cover and cook on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes.
6. Open the lid and mix well at the intervals so that it won’t stick to the pan.
7. When potato is almost cooked add cauliflower and mix well. you can add matar if you like. cover and cook on medium heat for another 7-8 minutes.
8. Open the lid and mix the sabzi at the intervals. open the lid and garnish with lot of finely chopped coriander leaves.
9. Aloo gobi masala is already. you can have this aloo gobi masla with poli, fulka or rice.