Goan Poi & Ros Omelette
Ros Omlette and Poi is one of them.This spicy gravy cooked in Xacuti style and served with Omlette is a must try..!!
1. Add 1.25 cups lukewarm water, 1 tsp sugar and 1.25 tsp active dry yeast and let it rest for 10 minutes until yeast rises.
2. Add 1.25 cups all purpose flour / maida, 1.25 cups wheat flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil and yeast water. knead the dough until smooth dough forms. let dough rest for 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.
3. Make medium size dough balls, coat them in wheat bran and roll them into medium round sized rotis almost 1 cm thick.
4. Place the rotis on a lined baking tray and let it proof on the counter for 30 minutes until it fluffs up a bit.
5. Bake in the preheated oven at 230°c for 10-15 minutes.
1. Add 1 tbsp oil and fry 1 chopped onion, 1 cup fresh grated coconut and green chillies until coconut starts turning slightly golden. allow it to cool. add 2 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Grind ginger, 6-7 garlic cloves, a handful of coriander leaves and marinate chicken for 20 minutes.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil, the chopped onions,1 chopped tomato and fry until it turns soft. add the coconut mix, little water, the marinated chicken, salt to taste and cook for a while until gravy thickens a bit.
4. Add hot water to the gravy and allow it to simmer on low until gravy reduces just a bit.
5. Fry omelettes using chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves and green chillies.
6. Place gravy in a bowl, add omelette on top. add lemon wedges and serve hot.