Goan Fish Curry
1. In a non-stick pan, dry roast 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 3 to 4 dried red chillies.
2. Once spices become aromatic, transfer these dry spices in a mixy jar.
3. Add some scraped coconut, 6-8 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger and 2 tbsp tamarind pulp.
4. Add some water to and grind it to a smooth paste. keep aside.
5. Heat a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp oil. once oil is hot, add 2 medium finely chopped onions. saute till they are golden brown in colour.
6. Add 2-3 finely chopped green chillies, 2 finely chopped tomatoes. saute for 2-3 minutes till they get soft and mushy.
7. Add prepared paste and mix properly. saute it properly till oil gets seperated and masala is well cooked.
8. Add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste. mix and saute for a minute.
9. Add 1.5 cups water. mix and allow gravy to boil.
10. Add in fish pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes or till fish is almost cooked. do not stir too often, else fish will break.
11. Once fish is cooked, add 1 tsp molt vinegar. mix nicely. goan fish curry is ready to be served!
12. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.