Gluten Free Quick & Healthy Jowar Muffin
Bhawna- Quick and Healthy Bites
1. Sieve together 1 cup jowar / sorghum flour, 1 tbsp milk powder. a pinch of salt, 1 sachet fruit salt to avoid any lumps.
2. In a separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup jaggery powder, 1/4 cup milk at room temperature, 1 tbsp fresh cream, 2 tbsp of curd and 1 tsp vanilla essence. whisk all the ingredients well so that jaggery melts and dissolves well in the mixture.
3. Then add 2 tbsp of olive oil to this mixture (you can also use normal refined oil) and whisk it again to combine all the ingredients.
4. Preheat the oven at 180°c for 5 minutes.
5. Add 1 tbsp tooti frooti to the dry mixture. whisk the wet ingredients once and mix it to the dry ingredients slowly and mix it gradually. it must have a flowing consistency and should not be thick.
6. Now take a muffin tray and grease it or place muffin liners in it. add 1.5 tbsp of the batter prepared in each cavity. sprinkle some tooti frooti or add dry fruits on top.
7. Now place it in the pre heated oven at 180°c for 15 minutes.
8. And our muffins are ready, insert a knife or toothpick to check if it comes out clean (if not clean you can further bake it for 2-3 minutes).
9. Enjoy these delicious muffins with your family without any guilt.
This recipe makes 6-7 muffins.