South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast 8 cashew and 2 tbsp raisins.
2. Roast the cashew to golden brown and keep aside.
3. Now in the same kadai saute 1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 pods cardamom, 5 cloves and ½ tsp pepper.
4. Also, add ½ sliced onion, 1 slit green chilli and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
5. Now add 1 cup basmati rice (soaked 20 minutes) and roast for 1 minute without breaking rice grains.
6. Further, add 2 cup water, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp salt.
7. Stir well and get the water to a boil.
8. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or pressure cook for 2 whistles.
9. After 20 minutes, fluff the rice gently without breaking rice grains.
10. Add fried nuts and mix well.
11. Finally, enjoy ghee rice with kurma.
1. Firstly, use good quality basmati rice for long grain rice.
2. Also, use fresh homemade ghee for rich flavoured rice.
3. Additionally, pressure cook for 2 whistles if you want to cook in cooker.
4. Finally, ghee rice recipe tastes great when served hot.