North indian, Mains
1. Add whole garam masala in the muslin cloth and tie it. heat butter in a pressure cooker and put the garam masala sachet in it, add onions cashew nuts, sauté it for 5 minutes. then add salt, ginger garlic paste, cook this till raw flavour is gone.
2. Add colour giving chilli or kashmiri red chilly, green chilly, tomatoes, mix it well and put the lid on and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a slow flame (5 to 6 whistles). let it cool down, remove the sachet & using strainer drain out the water 3. put the onion and tomato into the blender and blend them and make a paste and again strain it, after straining all, discard the seeds and peels of tomato.
4. Cook the strained paste of tomatoes and onions for 20 minutes then add salt, sugar as required , mix it and add toasted kasoori methi (crush it with hands). once it comes to boil switch off the flame.
5. Cool it and store in small containers in refrigeration conditions. use this makhani gravy in many veg and non veg dishes.
6. Take fish pieces in a plate and sprinkle chilly powder, coriander powder, salt and all purpose flour, squeeze the lime juice and coat the masala on both sides of the fish.
7. Heat butter in a pan add marinated fish and shallow fry them and add makhani gravy cook this along with fish and add cream mix it and serve this with saffron rice.