North indian, Mains
Chef Harpal Singh
1. For the dhoklis, in a bowl mix together nachni / ragi flour, whole wheat flour, bajra flour / pearl millet, jowar flour / sorghum millet, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, hing, salt, sesame seeds, ajwain, oil, water. mix well and make dough.
2. Divide the dough into small dhoklis and press it with your thumb in the center.
3. Boil water in a pan and grease the tray and steam the dhokli until cook for 10-12 minutes.
4. Now heat oil in a non-stick kadai, add the cumin seeds, hing and sauté for a few seconds.
5. Then add chopped onion and sauté until golden brown. add in the ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
6. Add tomatoes and sauté. add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder, sauté well and cook it for some time. now remove the dhokli and keep aside.
7. Then add in the blanched french beans and dhokli and mix well.
8. Add lemon juice and mix. add coriander leaves, grated coconut and mix well.
9. Lastly add sugar and mix well. serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves, fresh grated coconut and white sesame seeds.