Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Take 1 cup yogurt in a bowl. add 2 tbsp gram flour and salt to taste. whisk till smooth.
2. Heat 2 tbsps ghee in a deep pan, add 1 tsp mustard seeds and let them splutter. add 1 tsp cumin seeds and let them change colour.
3. Add 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida and 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds. mix and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add 1-2 chopped green chillies, 1 inch chopped ginger and 5-6 curry leaves. mix well and saute for 30 seconds.
5. Add 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and mix. to this add the besan-yogurt mixture. rinse the bowl of yogurt with 2 cups of water and add to this mixture. let the mixture come to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add mango pulp extarcted from 2 dasheri mangoes and mix well. adjust salt. cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. take the pan off the heat.
7. For the tempering, heat remaining 1 tbsp ghee in a tempering pan, break and add 2 dried red chillies, remaining 1/4 tsp hing / asafoetida, 5-6 curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds. add the remaining 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and remaining 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and let them splutter. add the tempering to the fajeto.
8. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprigs and serve hot.