Egg Torka'r Dal
mung bean and split chickpeas (chana dal) along with eggs.
1. Wash and soak 1 cup moong dal / whole green gram and 1/4 cup chana dal / bengal gram in water overnight.
2. Cook in pressure cooker with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder for 1 whistle.
3. Open the cooker when it is completely cool. the lentils should look broken, but not completely mashed.
4. Add some oil in a pan. then add 1.5 tsp roughly chopped garlic, 1.5 tsp roughly chopped ginger. saute for 15 seconds.
5. Add 1.5 cups roughly chopped onions. saute on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
6. Now add 1 large roughly chopped tomato, chopped green chillies as per taste, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and little salt. also add little wter to prevent the spices from burning.
7. Cook on low flame till tomatoes become soft and mushy.
8. Now place the masala on a side of the kadai and add 1 beaten egg. stir the egg and scramble it . cook for 1-2 minute each. mix with the masala . repeat the same for 1 more egg.
9. Add 1 tsp crushed kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves.
10. Now add the boiled lentils with water. add salt to taste. cover and cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
11. Add chopped coriander leaves. cook for another 2 minutes.
12. Add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder. switch off the heat and add 1 tsp butter. give it a stir.
13. Serve it hot with roti, naan, chapati etc.