1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. then turn the heat to low so there are no bubbles. use a skimmer to slowly and gently place the eggs in the pot. turn the heat back to high and boil the eggs for 12 minutes.
2. Transfer the eggs to ice cold water for a few minutes to stop the cooking process and cool.
3. Once your eggs are cool to touch, peel and discard the eggs shells.
4. Cut the hard boiled eggs to your desired size.
5. Then in a mixing bowl add the chopped eggs, 1/4 cup finely diced red onion, 2 tbsp finely diced chives, 2 tbsp finely diced parsley, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp dijon mustard sauce, and 1 tsp lemon juice. stir all ingredients together.
5. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Serve in a bowl or in a sandwich, or in a wrap.
1. The eggs may crack if you introduce cold eggs straight to the boiling hot water. so leave the eggs out prior to boiling, or run them under lukewarm water for a few seconds, as well as turn off the boil right before you introduce the eggs.
2. Use a skimmer to introduce the eggs to boiling water so they don't slam into the bottom of the pan and crack.
3. Definitely use dijon mustard sauce rather than yellow mustard. the spicier flavor makes all the difference.
4. You can store egg salad for up to 3-4 days in the fridge.