South indian, north indian, Mains
1. Boil and shell the eggs. now add 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or kadai and add the turmeric powder and red chilli powder on low heat. give a stir and add the boiled eggs. keep stiring and frying the eggs on low heat for 2 minutes till the eggs are fried & golden in colour. remove and set aside.
2. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.
3. Slice 1 medium onion and fry in a kadai / wok till golden (birista). remove and set it aside.
4. Also slice 3 medium onions, slit the green chillies, chop the coriander leaves and take out the mint leaves.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the shahjeera and the whole garam masalas. give a stir and allow it to splutter.
2. Add the sliced onions and fry on medium heat for 12-13 minutes till golden.
3. Now lower the heat and add the ginger garlic paste. fry on low heat for 2 minutes till raw smell is gone.
4. Now add the coriander powder and 2 tbsp water and fry on low heat for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mint leaves and fry on medium heat for a minute.
6. Add 3 cup water (600 ml), give a stir and allow it to come to a boil.
7. Add salt, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves and slit green chillies.
8. Once the water has come to a boil, add the drained basmati rice, mix well and cover & cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes till the water has nearly dried up.
9. Add the boiled & fried eggs and give a stir to mix everything.
10. Cover & cook again on low heat for another 5 minutes.
11. Open the lid, give a mix and add the fried onions (birista). continue to cook again on low heat for another 5 minutes and then switch off.
12. Let it rest for 10 minutes before opening the lid and giving a mix.